Welcome back, friends! Today’s post will be short and sweet. I’ve had some inquiries lately from folks who are finding this blog to be helpful, asking for recommendations on others to check out on topics related to mental health at work. So today, I’m sharing a few of my favourites:
1. Based in the UK, Mental Health at Work’s blog is fantastic, as they cover a wide variety of timely subjects related to workplace wellness including the way physical and social health impact our mental wellbeing. They also have some great (free) downloadable toolkits and other resources on their website.
2. Sectioned is a blog written by a former patient of a psychiatric rehabilitation hospital in the UK who, after being discharged, became a vocal mental health advocate. They speak out about their experience while in hospital, barriers within the health care system and the many twists and turns in the recovery journey. The content is not specific to mental health in the workplace (although some posts discuss challenges related to employment following recovery and when unwell) – but they’re always a great read for anyone who wants to understand the firsthand perspective more deeply, which helps us to be more empathetic, effective helpers.
3. It’s not exactly a blog, but if you’ve ever taken training with me you’ve heard me talk about one of my favourite organizations, The Mighty. Their website features real stories from real people about their respective journeys with their mental health.
4. LifeSpeak does a great blog (and a fantastic podcast), much of it specific to mental health at work but also wellbeing more broadly.
5. My favourite aspect of Calmer’s blog is how you can search different sub-topics, and I especially appreciate their posts on entrepreneur wellbeing .
6. Of course I can’t leave the Mental Health Commission of Canada’s blog off the list! The MHCC is a leader in research and training, and they own and regulate the Mental Health First Aid program my team and I deliver.
Have a great day everyone and as always, thanks for reading! I hope these recommendations are useful.
Elizabeth Eldridge is a Psychological Health & Safety Consultant based in southern New Brunswick, Canada. In addition to frequent keynote speaking and corporate training on mental health she is the owner/operator of Arpeggio Health Services, Atlantic Canada’s largest provider of public mental health trainings. Learn more at elizabetheldridge.com, summitcorporatewellness.com and arpeggiohealthservices.com.